VAPOR - Variedades Africanas do Português
The objective of project VAPOR (Variedades Africanas do Português), which started in September 2008, is to collect and treat spoken data from L1 and L2 Portuguese spoken in African countries where Portuguese is the official language and aims to create searchable in on-line linguistic corpora. In this sense, VAPOR can be considered the continuation of previous CLUL projects, in particular Corpus África.
- São Tomé (2008 – T. Hagemeijer; 2011 and 2012 – R. Gonçalves) (approx. 76 hours)
- Cape Verde (2008, 2009 – F. Pratas) (approx. 9 hours)
- Angola (2009 – S. Antunes) (approx. 2 hours)
- Mozambique (2010 – V. Justino) (approx. 27 hours)
Transcription and revision
- Spoken Portuguese of São Tomé: approx. 280.000 transcribed tokens (R. Gonçalves and students at FLUL) and partially revised (A. Cardoso and R. Gonçalves).
- Spoken Portuguese of Mozambique: approx. 000 palavras transcritas (M. Campos).
- - Spoken Portuguese of Cape Verde: approx. 9.300 palavras transcritas (R. Gonçalves).
- Spoken Portuguese of Angola: approx. 29.000 palavras transcritas (R. Gonçalves and students at FLUL) and partially revised (R. Gonçalves).